Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend Fun/FHE

Hello!

So I don't have any pictures from this weekend... sorry! It was a slower weekend, which was relaxing. Saturday we watched the football game, and then that night Somers, Mallory, and I joined Alan and Eric, and a bunch of other people from our ward to watch Superstar out in the Deseret Towers field. There was Eric, Alan, Eric Thayne, Megan (who is from Lodi, where we always have a band review each year :] ), Jesse Dean, Spencer, Nathan, and one other guy I don't know... I don't know if he's in our ward. Anyways, we all brought a bunch of blankets and pillows, and Spencer brought a big carpet that we laid out on the grass (which was REALLY wet after it snowed and rained this week!) and then we all just bundled up in our blankets and laid down on the grass and used a random wooden crate we found on the field as a table for the laptop. Krista and Callee decided to stay home and watch Intolerable Cruelty cause they were too tired to go out, even though all we were doing was laying down on the field. :]

Anyways, it got REALLY cold, so we all had to huddle together for warmth, and when the movie was over, we all just laid there for about two hours talking and goofing around. It was too cold to get up and leave the warmth of the group huddle, and we were too tired to get up. But once it hit 2 AM and we realized we had to get up for church in the morning, we all grudgingly got up and went back home. When we got back, Mallory and I made up some hot chocolate and watched some TV for a bit.

Sunday we had two of Julie's friends over for dinner. Joe and Patrick. Joe met Julie because he was in the same ROTC program here as her brother, Nathan, and then Joe went on his mission to Siberia, and then Nathan got called to the same mission and Joe was Nathan's district leader. Small world. :] And Patrick is Joe's roommate... Julie had never met him before, actually. Anyways, they were a lot of fun... total goofballs. We had twice baked potatoes that were HEAVENLY. They were SOOOO good!!! After they left I started working on my three papers for Book of Mormon that were due the next day... :] I am SUCH a procrastinator! But they were easy papers and didn't take that long to write. It was all based on your own experience, so it's not like I had to research anything.

And Sunday night/Monday morning I signed up for my classes for next semester! Yay! I think I like my schedule... I think. :] I'm not entirely sure because I have two night classes, and I'm not so sure how I'll like that, but I think my schedule will be nice. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I don't have class until 10, which will be nice, since I've discovered I absolutely LOATHE 8 AM classes. :] And I'll be starting those days with Social/Cultural Anthropology, which should be really interesting. After that class I have American Heritage at 11 on Mondays and Wednesdays, and then at 10 on Thursdays, and then Biology at 12 MWF. And then on Wednesdays I have one of my night classes, which is Book of Mormon at 5. By taking the night class, I only have it once a week. And even though its a two hour class, I'd rather have it once a week for two hours than twice a week for one hour. And I'm taking it with Mallory, so we'll have each other's company for those two hours :] Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be hard for me, I think. My Empirical Methods in English Linguistics class is only offered at 8 AM TTH. Yuck... I got the second to last spot in the class, which was a huge relief! But I can come home after that class and go to sleep, cause I don't have any other classes besides my night class that day. Except Thursday, when I have American Heritage at 10. So I can take a half hour nap in the library :] And TTH at 4 I have my Basic Humanities Computing Skills class, which I'm really looking forward to. So it SHOULD be fun. The more I look at it, it doesn't look that bad. I mean, I was worried that it was 17 credits, but I only have one more class next semester than I do this one, and I've been told that my BofM professor is really easy, and so is Anthropology. We'll see. :]

Anyways, last night for FHE we went over to the boys' apartment and played games. Most people went to the lobby to play some game, but I was really tired and the game involved running around, so I just stayed in the living room with Mitch, Whitney, and Whitney's boyfriend and we played Super Smash Brothers Brawl, cause Mitch brought his Wii with him. :] And then we watched Heroes at 8, which was AMAZING!

I don't think I've ever explained about Mitch. Mitch just recently transferred into our ward. I'd actually met him randomly one weekend, and then about two weeks ago he switched rooms and moved in with Greg, our FHE dad. Apparently he and his roommate were having issues, so Mitch moved. Anyways, as a result of Mitch moving into their apartment, they now have another couch, a TV, a Wii, and surround sound. :] And now we have four boys in our FHE group again. We have the smallest FHE group in the ward. I have no idea why their apartment only has 4 people, because they're supposed to have 6. Whatever. It's a mystery. :]

-Cate

No comments: