Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh How Pretty Are The Mountains!!!

Hello!!!

Well, I just uploaded photos from my phone yesterday and realized I had a bunch of really old ones... and some new. So here they are. :]This is what the mountains look like right now... They used to be completely covered, because it used to be in the mid-twenties, but it's gotten a LOT hotter these past two weeks, which I'm not liking so much. It averages about mid-forties now, but this week is supposed to get all the way up to 60! Blech! :]
This past fast Sunday, Scott invited us to his ward's break-the-fast, because they were having a chili cook off. His chili got first place, and it was definitely the best!
This is at Brother McQuarrie's house, the week of Halloween when we went over and watched When A Stranger Calls. This is just his entertainment room.
The other side of the entertainment room... Eric and Julie were having a lot of fun on the workout machines. :]
And this is the giant screen we got to use to watch the movie. It was amazing.
There was also a little bar, that Brother McQuarrie stocked up with ice cream, fudge, caramel, bananas, whipped cream, and soda. That's Alan and Mallory doing.... who knows what. :]
This was at our homecoming kickoff. Yay marching band!!!

Well, this past week/weekend has been... interesting. The whole week, I was pretty much in the library again... I think I managed to get about 8 hours of studying in the library this week, which is less than last week... When I wasn't in the library studying, I was in my room studying, or at the lab for my physics class, or at a review session, or something like that. I've pretty much been a recluse these past two weeks due to studying. :]

And this weekend, I was just so relieved that it was the weekend that I vegged. Friday I spent most of the day studying so I could take my physics test that night, but I wasn't ready to take the test by then, so I decided to put it off till today. Mallory and I stayed up Friday night watching movies, and then Saturday... was slightly disappointing. Krista's ballroom class was having a show, and so we all woke up early to go see it. However, Krista and Somers forgot to tell Mallory and I that it cost MONEY to see it, and so we went to go meet them (mind you, this is at 8:30 in the morning on a SATURDAY), and discovered we couldn't see the show because we didn't have money... so we went back to the apartment, dead tired, and pretty much... the rest of the day I just slept/watched movies. :] It was just one of those days that I needed to do absolutely nothing so I could relax....

After church on Sunday, I immediately went back to sleep and didn't wake up till 5:30, which was perfect because that's when I needed to get up to start making dinner, since I was making lasagna rolls for our Sunday dinner.

We also went over to our basement buddies' apartment and helped them crumple up newspaper for a prank. They're having a prank war with two of the boys' apartments in our ward, and they've been using us as spies since the guys don't know we're in on it and we can easily just walk around and listen in on them. So the girls, to get back at the guys for A. throwing anchovies in their apartment and B. pouring soup in basically everything and C. filling their stairwell with leaves so that they couldn't get inside, have been collecting newspapers for about two weeks now, and they are going to crumple them all up, and then fill their apartments with newspaper about waist high. Not only are they going to fill it up with newspaper, they're also going to put water balloons all over the ground in the apartment, and the guys won't be able to see them because its covered with newspaper, and so they'll step all over the water balloons, pop them, and then get the newspaper all soggy. I think they might also be planning to put raspberry jello in their shampoo so that it turns their hair red when they wash it... :]

Anyways, so we went over last night to help crumple up newspapers because they're doing it tonight. They have so much! Their entire kitchen is full, as well as one of the girl's rooms, and they've bagged a bunch of the newspaper up so that they can actually move around THEIR apartment. We're planning on helping them take everything over and dump it today, but we found out last night that for FHE, we're supposed to be going to Brother McQuarrie's house at 7... and the prank is at 7:30, which can't be changed because the guys will be going to the Bishop's storehouse at 7:20, so the apartment will be empty. So... we'll see what happens. :]

And now I have to get back to studying for my tests... blech!

Only six more days until I come home!!!

-Cate

No comments: