Saturday, November 22, 2008

Exciting Stuff

Hello!

So this week has been pretty fun. Other than the two tests I studied like crazy for and took (and passed with a fairly good grade, if I do say so myself :} ), we've been having a blast here. On Wednesday we had our Thanksgiving dinner which was delicious! I made the cranberry sauce, cheesy potatoes, and blueberry surprise, which was a huge hit. We didn't actually have a turkey, which we were planning on, because when Somers, Julie, and I went to Walmart to get it, we passed by the deli and saw the precooked and flavored turkey breast.... so we just bought some mesquite smoked turkey breast. :]

Thursday night we went to go see Twilight... which... I refuse to form an opinion on until I see it again. We stood outside in the freezing cold for a half hour before they let us in. We didn't know we'd be standing outside, nor did we think it would get that cold, because it's been pretty warm lately. So we didn't bundle up and it was about 25 degrees outside, and we were freezing to death. When they finally let us in, we found out that you had to redeem your online tickets at the concession stand, but they'd had the building LOCKED before, so we lost our place in line because we had to get out and redeem our tickets since they hadn't let us do it before, and we ended up having to sit in the second row. So we weren't too happy about that--I mean, we'd gotten there two and a half hours early to get a good spot, and then we'd had to get out of line to redeem our tickets. So we were really close, and we were all really tired, and there were some little junior high girls screaming their heads off like, an HOUR before the movie even started, which, you know... after hearing them scream for about two hours, it gets really, really old. So we weren't in the best of moods when the movie finally STARTED... so I'm refusing to form an opinion on the movie until I see it again when I'm not standing in the cold, I'm awake, and when there aren't a bunch of girls screaming and giving me a headache. :]

Anyways, then Friday was a lot of fun. I actually woke up EARLY... and was wide awake. It was... really weird, since I'd gone to bed at 3 because of the movie, and then I was awake ALL day. Really weird. I didn't even take my daily nap. :}

In the evening we walked off campus to Papa John's and got some pizza, since Julie owed us. We have a rule in our apartment that if a guy holds your hand, you owe everyone skittles or M&Ms. If you kiss, then you owe pizza or ice cream, and if you get engaged, you owe a steak dinner. So Julie owed us m&ms AND pizza in the same week... so we'd already gotten m&ms and we just had our pizza party yesterday. :] But we ate it really quickly while walking back to campus because last night was also Mr. BYU, and so we wanted to get there early and get good seats.

Mr. BYU was hilarious. It was a mock pageant, and there were 12 guys that had to perform a talent, pose in their sportswear, and then answer a question. It was HILARIOUS. There was one guy who, for his talent, did the dance that Napolean Dynamite does in the talent show, and then he sang a song. And for his sportswear, he dressed up as Harry Potter and had a snitch attached to his hand on a wire so it looked like he was reaching for it. He was the second runner up. The first place winner was this really dorky guy who was SOOO funny. For his talent, he pretty much did a stand up comedy act, and sang a song (but the song wasn't serious--he'd changed the words to another song and made it funny). And his sportswear was a cross between karate and tennis, because, as he explained, he needed both cardio and weight training... so the karate was for cardio and the tennis for weight training. :] He ended up winning $150 dollars, a $60 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse, and two tickets to the big game today against U of U.

Afterwards we met up with Alan Miller (from our ward) and one of his roommates, Brendon, and we took a bunch of blankets out to the DT fields and watched Ferris Bueler's Day Off. It was REALLY cold... we were all bundled up in jackets and hats and gloves and blankets, but we were still freezing. Julie was out with Alan (Rosenhan), and so she didn't come with us, and Mallory has been in Salt Lake City since early Thursday, and we'll be meeting up with her tonight at the Coldplay concert in Salt Lake. So we had Somers, Krista, me, Alden, Jackson, Brendon, and Alan watching the movie. After the movie I made some hot chocolate and Jackson, Alan, and I sat outside my building just talking until about 3, at which time I decided that since I'd stayed up till 3 the previous morning, I should probably go to bed... yet strangely, I was STILL fully awake after only getting 5 hours of sleep and missing my nap... odd.

Of course, I made up for that by sleeping in till 11 today... :] It's been a pretty relaxing day so far... I dyed my hair, took my time getting ready, did some laundry... I need to start packing as soon as my laundry is done. I think this is the first time I'm excited for PACKING. :]

Dustin just dropped by to pick up McKenzie for the football game, and he brought his ADORABLE little toy poodle, Dejango, and we got to play with him. He's so CUTE!!!

I'll have to upload the pictures from this weekend later because they're loading REALLY slowly at the moment.

I can't wait to go home tomorrow!!!

-Cate

No comments: