Saturday, November 8, 2008

Glad THAT'S Over!!!

Hello!

Well, this week has been VERY stressful. I had three exams and a paper due in anthropology, plus two homework assignments for anthropology on the same day as the paper... yuck. It also didn't help that I had the attention span of a fly this week, and so studying and doing my work was definitely a struggle. I did get it done though! :]

I discovered the wonderful world of the library this week... yeah. I don't like libraries, since of course, I don't like to be quiet. :]

But I couldn't focus at home, and so I grudgingly packed up all my stuff and trudged through the cold to the library to study. Tuesday I spent about three hours there...Wednesday I spent four hours there... and Thursday I spent another four hours... and I am definitely not wanting to go back after spending 11 hours in the library. Just saying that makes me shudder :]

Of course, there IS the no silent zone, where I COULD talk... but I like to go to the periodicals section where they have comfy lounge chairs and just listen to my ipod while I work. I've also discovered how amusing the periodicals section can be... Alden introduced the amazing technology of the sliding bookcases to me, and so we all had a lot of fun trying to trick the system into believing no one was standing inbetween the bookcases, and see if they would start moving. We managed to get it to work once... but as soon as Alden moved to run down the aisle, it stopped. So... no Indiana Jones moments in the periodicals. :]

When it hit Friday, it didn't even feel like the weekend because I still had to take my ELANG test after classes, and I studied for a few hours beforehand... so my weekend didn't start until about 5... But as soon as I finished my exam, I was SO relieved that I finally had a break!

Of course, this break isn't going to last for very long, seeing as I have three papers due in ONE class on Monday, as well as a physics exam next week. Yuck..... I'll be spending more time in the library, that's for sure.

Oh, but it WAS amusing on Wednesday night in the library because Krista, Julie, and I stayed until the library closed at midnight, and at 11:45 this announcement came on telling us to leave or else if we tried to hide in the library, we'd be fined. And then they started playing this AWFUL music to make everyone leave. :]

Anyways, after my exam on Friday, Krista and Julie's friend, Callee, who is attending UofU came to visit, and she's staying with us this weekend. So Callee came and then a big group of us went to see Wall-E since they're playing it in the Varsity Theatre for a dollar :] Afterwards we all came back to our apartment and talked for a while, until some guys from UofU that Krista and Julie grew up with came over and took Krista, Callee, and Somers back to the Marriott hotel to go swimming. Mallory, Jackson, and I didn't feel like swimming, so we stayed behind, and Julie went out to dinner with Alan. So Jackson took Mallory and I to Taco Bell (gourmet dining, I know :] ), and then we went to his apartment and watched The Princess Bride cause he's never seen it. And... then we just came back to our apartment and sat outside talking for a few hours, since it was past curfew. After sufficiently freezing outside in the cold (we didn't bundle up as usual cause yesterday was pretty warm... and I'm being dead serious when I say that it was warm when it was 45 degrees outside... I've adjusted pretty quickly to the weather, surprisingly enough, and so it's a warm day when it's in the 40s. No need for a scarf or gloves, unless its really windy. :] )

Anyways, so Mallory and I hadn't bundled up cause it was warm earlier, but it got down to about 35 while we were standing out there, so we froze just a bit :] We made up a bunch of hot chocolate once we got inside and bundled up in blankets and watched a few episodes of Avatar... our guilty pleasure. I think we ended up going to bed at about 4:30... Didn't wake up till 11 today. :] And basically all that's happened today is I've gotten dressed and watched the football game. :] I'm sad I don't have tickets to the game because Cameron, Mallory's friend, said that the field show is supposed to be spectacular today (he plays french horn for marching band). And they don't show the halftime show on TV... boo.... oh well.

Oh, and I have also discovered the wonderful world of hot curlers this week. :] Julie brought hers back from Idaho when she went home, and I used them and they're AMAZING! :] I don't have to do my hair in the morning if I use them at night, which cuts out a whole ten minutes of my getting ready time before class. And they curl my hair so nicely, its just wonderful. :]

Anyways, so I have no idea what's in store for tonight... TOmorrow I know we're having some people over from dinner... I think Julie said that one of them was her brother's roommate when he was a freshman here... I don't think I ever mentioned it, but Julie's brother is on his mission in SIBERIA. Yeah. Currently he's in Russia, and he's sent her some pretty cool stuff from Russia. But anyways, so I DO believe that the guy coming over tomorrow is his roommate from before he left on his mission, and the guys current roommates. But I'm not entirely sure... All I know for sure is that they're Julie's friends, and they're coming over for dinner. :]

Well, I can't wait to come home!!! It's going to be so weird, hearing babies cry in church and being in a HOME again and seeing little kids... :] Only 14 more days!!!

-Cate

No comments: