Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Makeup, Makeup, Makeup!

Hello!

Well, today is a GREAT day! The only thing that could make it better is if the wedding dress I bought off ebay came (which it won't... the mail already came for today). I'm really hoping it comes by Friday (or even Saturday afternoon) because I need to rip it up so I can be Emily from the Corpse Bride. :P

Well, it seems like lately all that's been on my mind is makeup, makeup, makeup. My makeup class is going fantastically well, I'm still loving it, and I just had my graded putty project (in which I turned myself into an elf). And since Halloween is coming up and people have SEEN me with my elf makeup, I've now gotten several requests to do Halloween makeup. I should charge them. :P My makeup teacher, Haleh, says that instead of charging, we should just make them buy the makeup for us and then keep it to build up our kits. Which is a fantastic idea. :)

So it looks like I'll be doing at least three of my roommates, as well as Nathan's roommate, Tom (whom I've never met, but we've now texted each other back and forth a million times to figure out what I'll be doing :P). He wants me to turn him into Sean Connery. So that'll be fun. :) Then I've got myself to do, so that makes a total of... 5 people to do on Halloween. Not bad... but I think I'll have a hard time getting my roommates to fork over the money to buy the makeup and then let me keep it. :P Then again, I don't really want to use my OWN makeup, because I'd like my kit to last me through all 3 makeup classes, and it takes quite a bit of makeup to do that many faces.

Anyways, so besides Halloween, I now have to start thinking of a design for my stylized project in class, in which I pretty much get to create my own character and go wild with the makeup. :P

Also, today I just found out that Disney hired me to work this summer at DisneyWorld as a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique Hostess! (Try saying THAT ten times fast :P). So basically my job this summer is to turn little kids into princesses/princes. :) And... older people too, if they want. :P I saw a picture online of this guy who looked my age getting his hair braided and sprayed green. It... was kind of funny looking. He didn't look too happy, but his friends sure did. :P So I'll be working with makeup and hair this summer...

And then tomorrow night I get to register for my classes for next semester, and I'm signing up for the next makeup class, TMA 367, in which we get to do prosthetics. So we get to make molds of our faces so that we can totally alter them and turn ourselves into, say... orcs from lord of the rings. :)

Ah... today is a good day. :) I didn't even mind my biology class (which is my most hated class this semester) because I'd just found out I'd been hired. :) It's also started snowing, which is AWESOME! Yesterday it was the first snow in Provo, and today it's SUPER windy.

And tonight I'm going to the international cinema to see Vampyr. Hopefully Mal and Mack can come (although it's sounding like Mal's not gonna budge--she insists she has a ton of homework :P). So it may just end up being Matt and me. But I think Mack might come... depends on how late she and Krista get back from the Temple.

Last night, Mal, Mack, and I went to see Nosferatu in the international cinema, and MAN was that a snore! I swear, there was a ten minute shot of the sky turning to night. I slept through a lot of it. :P

As for the weekend... well, a lot of what we had planned didn't happen. At least not for Somers and I. We went with Matt and Scott to watch The Prestige in their tent, but it ended up being so noisy over there (people started up a game of football in the deserted parking lot, right next to their tent), so we watched it in Scott's car (which was CRAMPED. but it was a good thing we moved there, because it ended up raining. :P). By the time the movie ended (or rather, by the time my computer died, which was at the most CRUCIAL scene! :P), it was already 2:30. Somers was so loopy and out of it that she got herself wedged in the small space between the back seat and the front seats on the floor. :P So that took some time, waiting for her to get herself out of there. So by the time we got back home, it was 3 AM (which last year was nothing, but this year... man. We're like old timers by 3 AM :P), and we just collapsed. We decided there was no way we were going to be able to wake up in 3 hours to go plant bulbs in Temple Square, so we slept till 9, then got up and started immediately cleaning till 10. Then we both collapsed on the couches and fell asleep, only to be woken by a canon shot near our apartment. Apparently the homecoming parade was happening on the street that crosses ours, so they were like, right outside our window. :P Unfortunately, there were trees blocking the way, so we could only HEAR them. Which made us extremely jealous for all the people out there watching the parade, while we were inside, looking like death, waiting for our cleaning check to happen.

Eventually we made breakfast and invited Scott and Matt over (since they hadn't eaten and had gotten less sleep than us), and after a nice pancake and egg breakfast, we all picked a couch and promptly fell asleep. It was like a group nap time. :P It was the first time I really noticed how many couches we have (three), because we each got our own couch, except Matt, who was in my chair, which is still comfy, but he ended up moving to the floor to sleep because his neck brace was bothering him in the chair. :P And... we all just passed out immediately. Then we were all startled awake by Scott's phone ringing, and Jordan showed up and we all just kind of dozed off/mumbled to each other/stared off into space. We were really out of it. :P

Then later that night was the homecoming game (which was ABISMAL!). Mack, Matt, and I ended up leaving at the beginning of the 4th quarter because it was so awful. Also, it was really cold. Aaaand... then... that night Somers and I went to Coventry and we watched Drag Me To Hell (which sounds way worse than it is. It's SUPER funny :P It's a horror comedy done by the guy who made the Spiderman movies, and it's basically about this girl who's been cursed by some old gypsy woman because she denied her a loan at the bank :P).

Then Sunday was... well, Sunday. I went over to Coventry that night and watched The Last Starfighter with Scott, Jordan, and Matt, which was fun. It's a super cheesy 80s space movie, which was awesome. It's about this guy who lives in a trailer park and beats this game called Starfighter, which turns out to be this like, initiation test to become a real intergalactic starfighter. :P

And... then... what I've already said from earlier this week. And... now apparently I'm going shopping with Tom (the guy I've never met) on Friday to get all the makeup I need to turn him into Sean Connery... and... yeah. I'm still not sure what our Halloween plans are... as far as I know, we HAVE none. :P All I know is that I'm helping people get READY for Halloween. :P I think we talked about going trick-or-treating around the residential area in Provo, cause we really want free candy. :P

Anyways, I think that's about it. I'll update again later when I have more news :)

No comments: