Sunday, October 4, 2009

Drugs and Fun Times

Hello!

Well, I realize it's been a while since I last updated and I apologize... but I've been so out of it lately that if I had posted, chances are none of you would understand it. :P

Well, it's Conference weekend, which is always fun around here. Since everyone and their dog watches Conference, we usually have a big group of us. We've been switching back and forth between our apartment and Coventry 1 (with the 42" tv), and yesterday we were in charge of breakfast and today they made it. So yesterday Matt, Jordan, and Scott came over and we had french toast while we watched the first session, then we watched the second session over at their place. Today Scott made biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs and bacon, and we watched the first session there and came back to our place for the second session.

Well, let's see, I guess I'll do this chronologically... :P

So two weeks ago I got my wisdom teeth removed. That was fun. :P And by fun, I mean, it actually was kinda fun. :) Definitely was a cause for a lot of entertaining moments. Also, I thought it was kinda cool when they gave me that nose thing that blows out oxygen so you breathe... like in hospitals. I was like, whoa! I've never gotten to wear one of these before! :) Next thing I know I'm in a wheelchair and the nurse is trying to help me step off the curb and get into Somers' car. :P

As far as the pain goes, it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. What I WASN'T expecting, though, was the toll the medication would take on me. They gave me hydrocodone, which gave me NO sense of balance, made me SUPER drowsy, and made me kind of incoherent and delirious. So all that week, I laid on our couch in the living room, watching tv and slipping in and out of consciousness. I went stir crazy, that's for sure, but I was so dizzy and drowsy I couldn't really do much other than lie there. All of my professors were really relaxed about it and let me off for the week, so that was good. I didn't even have to really do much makeup work. :)

I DID go to the football game the day after the surgery though. :P It was the BYU vs. Oklahoma game, which I wanted to see. So I went to the game, but I had taken some hydrocodone just before leaving and by the time we got to the game, it kicked in, and I got really drowsy and was practically falling asleep on the bleachers. :P I ended up leaving at half time and went home to sleep. :)

Thankfully I didn't swell very much. There was just minor swelling, but you couldn't even really tell unless you KNEW I'd gotten my wisdom teeth out. Now I'm off of the hydrocodone, but I occasionally take over the counter stuff because I have a dry socket... which is no fun, but oh well. I'm back to eating solids (somewhat... softer solids :P). Originally all I was eating was microwavable mashed potatoes. Let me tell you, I NEVER want to eat those again. Blech. After eating them for a week straight (with an occasional bowl of mac 'n cheese or some pistachio pudding :P), I am DONE with fake mashed potatoes. :)

Hm... what else? Well, last night during the Priesthood session, Somers, Mal, and I went out to dinner. We got all dressed up and went to Shoots (the restaurant the Chaos used to own), which was really good. Then we came back and watched Wolverine at Coventry 1. Tonight we'll probably head back over to Coventry 1 for another movie, cause they have Sunday Night Movies. :P They've been doing old horror movies since it's now October, so the other day we watched House on Haunted Hill with the commentary by some guy from Mystery Science Theater. It was really funny. We were laughing pretty much the whole time, because, well, you can't help but laugh at the old black and white horror films. They're just so cheesy! :) Especially with the commentary--he would point out all of the obvious "no duh" moments in the movie. :P

Mal and I have also been taking advantage of the International Cinema. We never went last year, but this year we discovered just how awesome it is. It's free and they show international movies during the week. We went and saw Pan's Labyrinth a while ago, which was really good, and we just saw Crossing, which was a Korean film. That one was really good too, but really depressing... It's one of those ones that tried to portray how hard life is in North Korea and the struggles they have with the government and trying to escape and stuff. Definitely a downer, but really good. It kind of reminded me of Seven Pounds, with how it's such a good movie but leaves you horribly sad. :P

We also know our FHE group now. We've only had two FHEs together, but I really like our group. Somers is our FHE Mom, and a guy named Steven is our dad. All of the people in our group are really cool and nice, lots of fun to hang out with. Sarah already knows some of them from the ward from spring/summer, but most of them are new. One guy is actually the older brother of someone Krista went to high school with, which is kind of funny.

Anyways, I think that's about it... my makeup class is still my favorite :) It's going great. We just did our glamour makeup section, and next we're moving onto middle age, which should be fun. I tend to look freakish while walking home from that class. :P The best was our practice day for glamour makeup because we all did half of our face one way and the other half another way. :)

I uploaded a bunch of pictures, so here you go :)

My super long fake eyelashes from makeup. They were like fly-swatters on my eyes. Julie's brother, Nathan, first thought they were my real eyelashes and was like, "That's so cool! Your eyelashes are so LONG!" He was disappointed to find out they weren't real. :P
You can't really see it... but this was my glamour makeup for the De Jeong Concert Hall. You're supposed to be able to see it from 90 feet away. I managed to change the shape of my nose and make my cheeks a little narrower, which you can't tell in this picture. :P

This is the BYU vs. Utah State game that happened this past Friday night. It was REALLY cold. :)
Mack's a weirdo. :P
That's not some random guy making faces at us... :P That's Tygen, Somers' cousin. He sits with us at football games.
Julie, Alan, and Nathan's tickets happened to have seats right next to ours for the BYU vs. Oklahoma game, so we all got to sit with each other. :) Also, this was the day after my wisdom teeth were removed, so in all of the pictures of me, I look kind of out of it. :) I couldn't smile very wide and I definitely look like I'm on drugs. :)
Mack said something funny and I started laughing hysterically. The hydrocodone made me delirious and I was super giggly the entire time I was taking it. :P
Yeah... I could NOT get a good picture of myself with Krista. :P

Somers looks so cute and I... look so out of it... :P
Once again... Mack is a weirdo. :P
BYU vs. Oklahoma.
Alan was my male model for makeup when I was doing male corrective youth makeup. I did his makeup for the Margettes theater, which is like the equivalent of film makeup. It's super light and has to be natural looking if you're just standing there talking to each other. I think I did a pretty decent job :) Basically I just had to get rid of the redness in his skin (which he has a LOT of) and then I defined his nose, cheek bones, and jaw :)
We had a half-birthday celebration for Sarah, Jason, and Mal. Originally it was supposed to be a competition to see who could make the biggest ice cream cone, but that didn't work very well. :P So we gave them scoops of ice cream and shoved a bunch of candles in them. :P Oh, and Jason is from Windsor Arms 10. He's Mack's home teacher, and he and Joel (his roommate) hang out with us frequently.
Julie and Alan's wedding! She looked so pretty :)
They had to sit there posing while kissing for a while so people could take pictures :P
The front of her dress :)Julie and her parents...
The two of them coming out of the temple. We watched like, four other couples come out first, and Julie and Alan definitely looked the happiest. :)

Well, I think that's about all! I'll update again when I have more to say :)

No comments: