Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home

Well, I've definitely had a busy week!!! I got up early Sunday morning and got all ready to go to the airport at 8... and my ride slept through his alarm clock. It didn't matter though, because even though we left 40 minutes late, there was NO ONE at the airport and I ended up sitting at my gate reading Twilight again for about an hour and a half. The plane ride home was pretty uneventful--I had an old guy snoring next to me. I tried to drown him out with my ipod, but I could still hear him even though I had cranked the volume up as loud as it would go. :]

Sunday was probably the most relaxing day, since I didn't go out. Rayne came to visit that night which was awesome! Monday after a dentist appointment, I took Aubrie, Dani, and Rayne to the movies and we saw Twilight. I definitely liked it a LOT better the second time since I was prepared for the cheesiness of it. Later I took the BART to Berkely, missed my stop, made it all the way to Richmond, hopped on the Fremont bound train, and then finally got off in Berkely. SiSi took me around Berkely and we got some asian food that I'd been craving forever. :]

I got to meet all the people on SiSi's floor and Shalika came over later to see me. We got to talk for a few hours before SiSi had to leave for a marching band initiation, so Shalika took me to the bus and dropped me off at the BART station. Thankfully I didn't miss my stop on the way back--it would be kind of hard, though, since Fremont is the last stop. :]

Tuesday I had yet another dentist appointment, and after that Aubrie, Dani, my mom, and I went to see Twilight AGAIN. I have to admit... it was even better the third time. :] My dad took Lauren and Ryan to see Bolt, which was all Lauren could talk about afterwards.

After the movie, my mom and I went shopping in Pleasanton for several hours, and then we met up with my dad at Fuddruckers, and Rayne joined us a little later. After eating, Rayne, my dad, and I went to the movies AGAIN and we saw Quantum of Solace, which I liked, but found rather plotless... Oh well. I still liked it.

Wednesday I had ANOTHER dentist appointment, and then we went out to Asian Pearl, this new dim sum place in Pacific Commons that was quite good. I've been craving dim sum for a while now. We then went to Walmart for a bit, came home, did some cleaning and cooking, and then later that night Rayne and I went to see Austrailia, which I REALLY liked. However, we didn't realize it was a THREE HOUR MOVIE. And we were seeing an 11 o'clock showing, so we didn't get out until 2. I was definitely tired. Every night I went to bed around 1:30 or 2, and I didn't get any of my naps while home. :]

Thursday of course was Turkey Day, and that was fun. Yummy food. I think my stomach has shrunk since going to school though, because I definitely can't eat as much as I could before. Not that that's a bad thing, but I had to take really small portions for Thanksgiving dinner :]

On Friday SiSi, Shalika, Jason, and I all got together. We hung out for a bit at SiSi's just talking and then we went to the theaters and I saw Twilight AGAIN. Yeah... I saw it quite a bit. It was better and better with each showing, I have to admit, but I saw it four times. In a little over a week. That's a bit much. Oh well. I still liked it. :]

After the movie we went to some asian place in Pacific Commons and SiSi and I got udon. Jason had to leave to go to dinner with his family, and Shalika, SiSi, and I went back to SiSi's house. We watched Baby Mama, which was hilarious, and then we went home. I think I was home for about fifteen minutes and then I left again to pick up Malcolm, and we went to James Blizel's house to stop in and say hi to Baugher. There were a bunch of Irvington kids there though, so we ended up staying for about twenty minutes talking to everyone, and then Malcolm and I went to Panda Express. After grabbing our food we went to Bay Street Cafe because there was some acoustic show there, and I met some of his friends who went to Irvington a few years ago. I left Bay Street at about 11 and went home to pick up Aubrie and Dani and Rayne to go see Twilight yet AGAIN for a fifth time, but once we got to the theaters, Rayne and I decided to see Austrailia again instead. We ended up laying down across the row and we fell asleep about a half hour into the movie. Oh well. But we woke up for the last 45 minutes, which is the really good part of the movie anyways, so it was all good. :]

Once I came home I just crashed immediately. I was so tired all week from barely sleeping. Saturday I went shopping with my mom for about four hours... :] And then later that night I picked up Malcolm, Baugher, and Hannah, and we drove around trying to decide where to go. We couldn't think of anything to do. I stopped by Jason's for a minute just to drop off a cd and say goodbye before I left, and then we picked up Rayne. Even though we didn't really do anything, it was a lot of fun just talking with all of them again.

I dropped off Baugher and Hannah, and then Malcolm, Rayne, and I went to Walmart to buy Leatherheads. Then I dropped off Malcolm, went to Rayne's house, and she packed up her stuff to stay the night at my house. It was almost 2 I believe when we finally got back to my house, and we both fell asleep 15 minutes into Leatherheads. :]

Sunday I rushed to get ready before church, went to sacrament meeting, and then went straight to the airport... and I forgot to eat before church. Since it was Sunday I didn't want to buy anything to eat at the airport, so I just waited for my flight because I figured I wouldn't have to wait to eat for THAT long... except that my flight got delayed for an hour because the plane was coming from Denver and, go figure, there was a storm in Denver. Once on the plane we got delayed even MORE because the whole time they were checking the plane and cleaning it up, no one filled it with fuel. So we had to sit and wait for them to refill it, and then we finally left.

It wasn't a bad plane ride, but I like window seats because I can lean against the side when I fall asleep and not have to worry about falling over on the person next to me... but I was the last one in my row to get on, and the guy in the aisle seat got up to let me in, but the lady in the middle seat didn't want to get up, so she moved into my window seat and I had to sit in the middle. I kept falling asleep because I was so tired, but then I'd jerk awake because I'd start falling to the side. It wasn't a very restful nap, that was for sure. :]

Once I got to the airport it was 5 o'clock, and I was REALLY hungry. But Jackson was still 45 minutes away, which wasn't that bad, so I just did some homework in the airport while I waited. Once he came it was another hour ride home, so we got back to the apartment around 7. So I'd gone about 24 hours without eating anything, and I was STARVING. Of course, I didn't really have any food, because I'd made sure to eat a lot of it before I left so it wouldn't go bad. :]

The rest of Sunday was pretty relaxing... I just unpacked and watched Corpse Bride. :]

I was surprised yesterday to find that I was actually kind of glad to be going to class again. My routine had been so out of whack at home that it was kind of nice to settle back into my routine. I definitely liked being home, but I also like having my routine here. :] And it was nice when I came back because Julie and Alan had already come back, so I didn't come back to an empty apartment. Mallory came a bit later, and then Somers. McKenzie didn't come back until early the next morning, and Dustin chopped us down an actual Christmas Tree!!! So when he dropped McKenzie off here, he brought the Christmas tree for us, so now we have a real tree and the apartmet smells like pine! We've got lights on it now, and Somers brought some ornaments from home, but we still need a lot more decorations to make the apartment look lively. :]

We also rearranged out living room/kitchen last night because we were tired of the previous arrangement. It looks pretty nice now. It's a lot more open, but the walls also look really bare with the new arrangement, so we're going to have to find some posters and stuff to put up. :]

And today I just found out that I may be done with my Anthropology class THIS week. My professor hasn't decided if he wants to have class next Tuesday or not... he said he'll see if we cover everything he wants to on Thursday, and if not then we'll only have class Tuesday. It'd be nice if we just had our last class this Thursday because then I would have no classes at all next Tuesday or Thursday and I could use that time to study for finals. We'll see. :]

Two weeks from tomorrow I go home again!

-Cate

No comments: