Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's the End!!!

Hello!

Well, the end of the semester is near. This week. Oh man! I have so much to do. So much studying. I can't wait for wednesday at 2 when I'll be DONE with everything!!!

Well, Thursday was the last day of classes, and so we all stayed up SUPER late just talking in Julie and Krista's room till 3:30. Actually, I was the first to leave and go to sleep at 3:30, besides Mallory and McKenzie who had both gone to sleep a lot earlier instead of talking with the rest of us. :]

And then later that morning, at 10, my mom called and my phone's volume was turned up WAY loud and it scared Somers and I awake and I literally gasped outloud and shouted "Holy crap!" and Somers just chuckled and then fell back asleep.

That whole day was pretty relaxing, which was nice. I DID go to a two hour physical science review session, which was NOT fun because there were no more seats in the BIGGEST auditorium, so I had to sit on the floor for two hours straight. My legs fell asleep several times. But other than that, the day was pretty nice. I watched Made of Honor, thanks to my parents (thank you!), and that morning I'd made a big pancake and scrambled eggs breakfast complete with orange juice, which was really nice because we don't EVER have big breakfasts where we're all sitting down together to eat.

That night around 11, Julie told me to come to her with Walmart because she really wanted a pineapple, which I thought was kinda weird... wanting a pineapple at 11 at night... but I wasn't doing anything and everyone else refused to go with her, so I went. But I thought it was weird that when she asked Alan if he wanted to come, he said no. Because... well, he never says no. Anyways, so we went to Walmart and we were there for about an hour. After getting a pineapple Julie took me to the shoe section and had me give her my opinion on different boots and then we went to the movie section and then we looked at sweaters and just kept going around the store. When we finally left a bit before midnight and I came home, all the lights were off and everyone jumped out and yelled surprise and turned on the lights and everything was all decorated. In red. Yay. And then it made sense why the night before Krista, Somers, and Alan (Miller) had gone to Walmart and hadn't asked anyone else if they needed to go because usually when someone's making a trip to Walmart, they ask everyone if they need to go because we don't go that often. And apparently it was because they were buying streamers and balloons. Anyways, so we eat Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, sent by my parents (thank you again!). Once it hit 1:30 and Alden and Alan had to leave, we all watched Sons of Provo. Here's some pictures of the kitchen. They also tore up the streamers into little pieces and threw them all over my bed to make it look like there were rose petals :]
There were balloons all over the ground too. We've decided that since we tend to celebrate people's birthdays for several days, we're just going to have like, four days of birthday for each person. So today was my second day, and we had these peanut butter fudge bars with oreo cookie crust that were DELICIOUS. I've become obsessed with peanut butter since coming here and eating the creamery's peanut butter cup ice cream, so they figured I'd love those. :]

Today it started snowing, FOR REAL this time. And it stuck and it's so pretty! I slipped three or four times, which was a lot of fun (never actually fell though, just looked like an idiot), and I threw a snowball at Julie. Twice. The first time she gave me permission to (Julie hates the snow). The second time I was actually aiming at Alan because he'd thrown one at me, and he ducked behind Julie right as I threw it and it hit her in the back/neck and she wasn't wearing a jacket and it went down the back of her shirt. :] So here are some pictures of the pretty snow. This was at about 1:30, so we got a lot more than there is in these pictures.





Today Julie, Alan, and I went to both the Provo Town Center Mall and the University Mall. We first went to the Provo Town Center because we ALWAYS go to the University Mall when we go shopping, but they didn't have anything we wanted, so we went to the University Mall, where I found a cute jacket. When we first walked into the mall, the first store we saw was Allysa's Bridals, which is a modest wedding dress store, and Julie and I just beelined it for the store. We sent Alan off to go shopping elsewhere, and Julie tried on four dresses. I only got pictures of the first two, because the second two she wasn't in for very long and she changed really quickly. Alan came back after she'd only tried on one dress because he was bored, so he got to see her all dressed up. Here's the first two dresses:
She likes this one a lot in terms of the embriodery and beading on the top because it's all white and a bit simpler. She's decided she really likes big, poofy dresses. :] Here's a close up of the top:Here's the second dress, which we both LOVE, but its got gold in the beading, and you can get it in silver, but its still not completely white, which the temple doesn't like. :] But we both just LOVED this dress. She decided after trying on this one she wants a lower, V waist. And here's a close up of the bodice:That dress was so pretty! And it was a lot cheaper than we were guessing: only 300. We started looking at all of the prices in that shop and they're all fairly cheap. We want to go back there another time when Alan won't be there to get so bored while she tries on dresses. :]

Tomorrow is the Christmas program for Sacrament meeting, which is sure to be good, because we already know what's on it since Julie's in charge of making the programs and she told us who's singing. :]

And then I will be doing some MAJOR cramming for my finals. :] On Tuesday I have a screening test scheduled for a job I applied for to be an online English tutor for students at the University of Hong Kong. Basically all I am is their TA and they send me their papers and I have to mark all of their grammatical mistakes. But I have to go in for the screening test so they can make sure I'm competent enough in my grammer to find all the mistakes. :]

And I'm working on an application for this other job/class that I want to take next semester. I'm not so sure I'll get it though, because I don't have much experience, but I thought, hey! What will it hurt just to apply? It's a screenwriting class, and we'll be writing the script for a potential BYU Broadcasting Television series. And we get paid for being in the class because we're writing the script for the series. So it sounds really cool, the only problem is that its on Wednesdays from 5-8, and my Book of Mormon class is from 6-8, so I'd need to drop that class, drop another class, and then schedule my book of mormon class for another time. Cause I already have 18 credits, which is the maximum, so I have to drop one class at least if I want to take this other one. But I don't find out if I'm in it or not until January 2nd, which is three days before classes start. Oh well. We'll see. :]

Anyways, I should probably study a bit and then go to sleep! Four days till I come home!

-Cate

No comments: