Sunday, December 13, 2009

VEGAS!

Hello!

Well, I've had quite the adventuresome weekend. :) But I figure I should start with where I left off in my last post. :P

So last Saturday, I didn't do too much. Nathan and I went out to lunch and then studied in the library for a while, and then I think that night we just watched a movie or something. I can't really remember. It was far too long ago and my brain is nowhere near its normal functioning level. :P

And then this past week I spent finishing up all of my work, making up tests, and getting pretty much everything in order for the end of classes. Thursday was the last day of classes, and then Friday was a Reading Day, aka Vacation Day. :P

James came down from Logan and is back for the winter break, so Friday night I went over to Coventry to see him and we watched two episodes of Band of Brothers and talked for a bit. Then Saturday morning I woke up and Somers brought me breakfast in bed for my birthday, and then I did a take home final, then quickly packed. Mack and I got her car from Payson, and then we set off on a five hour drive to Las Vegas! :D

We forgot about the time change, and so we ended up with an extra hour on the strip that we hadn't been planning on. So we just walked around a bit, grabbed some dinner, and freshened up for the concert. Then we headed over to the Hard Rock Hotel, found a girl who had agreed to buy our extra tickets for more than we'd paid (so we made at least a little profit off of them :P), and then we headed inside The Joint for the concert. The first two opening acts were pretty decent--I'd never heard of them before. The first one to play was Afghan Raiders, and they were sort of an electrorock group. Then it was Paper Tongues, and they had SEVEN people in their band. Quite a lot. They were pretty good too--the lead singer definitely had a set of lungs. Man. I was pretty impressed by how well he could sing. I'd been expecting some really crappy openers. :P Paper Tongues was more of a modern rock band. And then it was Cage the Elephant, which was the bigger band of the three openers, and they were... well, not to my taste, shall we say. :P The lead singer was one of those types that's more concerned with dancing around and looking like he's having a half hour long seizure rather than singing well. There were only two songs that I thought he actually performed well on, because he calmed down a bit and stopped jittering and running all around the stage. :P It was kind of one of those bands where I felt like I'd really like them if it weren't for the lead singer. :P

And then came Muse. And I nearly died. It was so amazing! I pretty much fell in love with them all over again. :P They played four of their new songs, beginning their set with Uprising, which was utterly amazing. And even though they didn't have their full show or anything, it was still spectacular for what they DID have. They're just such amazing live performers!

Afterwards we just went back to the car, got ourselves ready to go, and then drove straight back to Provo. We both stayed awake (thanks to the help of a lot of Mountain Dew :P) and just belted along to the cds we had. We wanted to make it through the night because there was a weather alert saying that a storm was going to hit today, and we didn't want to be snowed in away from Provo. Seeing as it's finals week this week, and being stuck out of Provo would NOT be a good thing. So we drove straight through the night (and didn't hit much bad weather. It just rained a bit, and there was a little snow, but nothing major). We got into Provo at around 8:30 this morning with no sleep (aside from a 1 hour power nap I had from 6:30-7:30, but that doesn't really count. It didn't do a thing, cause it was one of those "close your eyes and wake up and its light outside" types of power naps :P). Then Mack and I were so wired up from the soda that we couldn't fall asleep, so we put in It's A Wonderful Life and tried to fall asleep to that. She eventually conked out, but I didn't fall asleep until 1 in the afternoon. And then I woke up at 3. So now I'm functioning on 3 hours of unrestful sleep. And I'm in that state where I'm past the point of sleep and my MIND is alert and not tired at all, but my body is tired. But there's no way I'm going to be able to fall asleep right now. But at least I know I'll sleep well tonight! :P

Tonight I'll probably go watch a movie with Scott and James, and I may practice for my makeup final on Matt. Tomorrow I'm using as a study day, and I plan on taking my Bio final and my New Testament final on Tuesday. Then Wednesday night is my makeup final, and Thursday morning is my Creative Writing final (which I hesitate to call a final, because we're just revising something we've already written and reading it aloud to the class :P). Then Thursday I fly to Disneyland! Whoo!

I don't anticipate my finals being too difficult. The only one I think I might struggle with a little is my Bio final, but I have a pretty good grade in that class, so even if I do poorly, it won't make a HUGE difference. Anyways, that pretty much catches me up to the present. :)

I'm just still so excited I got to see Muse last night. Oh! And yesterday morning, I bought tickets to see their actual TOUR in Salt Lake in April! I'm so excited! So I get to see them TWICE in the same school year :D They added a tour date for the Resistance Tour for April 5th at the E-Center in West Valley City, and the Silversun Pickups are opening for them. I actually know the Silversun Pickups, so I'll know BOTH bands. :D And then Muse will play a full set rather than the short one they had last night for the holiday concert, and they'll play more from The Resistance. Last night they played Uprising, United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra, and Unnatural Selection from The Resistance. The rest were old songs. They played Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Time Is Running Out, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome, Plug in Baby, and... one other. I can't remember what the last one was. Oh well. I'm excited I get to see them again. :D

I'll post more later when I have more to say. :P

No comments: