Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Finishing Up

Well, I realize that it's been almost a full semester since I last updated, so I figured I was due. :P

Really, I feel like there's not much to report. I've just been busy with schoolwork this semester, and that takes up most of my time now. I'm so excited that I can now count the number of weeks till the end of the semester on one hand. I love my classes this semester, but I'm ready to be DONE.

And as the end of the semester gets closer, I get more and more excited for DisneyWorld this summer! The weather here has been tricking me into thinking it's closer to the summer than it actually is. Winter was pathetic this year, with barely any snow or rain. It was a really warm winter. And I love the winter, but I'm at the point now where I just want it to stay sunny because the bipolar overcast skies one day, sunny skies the next is getting tiring. Because it's been so bipolar, I've just had a box of winter clothes sitting at the side of my desk because packing away my warm weather clothes is pointless since I'll probably require short sleeves the next day. My closet is far too small to hold both winter and summer clothes. :P

Two days ago I woke up and automatically felt that "summer" feeling. You know how the air just feels different? It's not necessarily summer temperatures here quite yet (although it IS supposed to get up to 60 today, which is really hot compared to the 20/30 on the days it decides to be cold), but it just has that summer feeling. It's making me even more restless for classes to be done so that I can go to Florida.

Two weekends ago we celebrated both Sarah's and Somers' birthdays. Sarah turned 21, so we went to Spark, a nonalcoholic restaurant lounge and bar to celebrate her 21st the Mormon way. :P They were fairly good drinks, but a little pricey. But hey, what else did I expect? I knew I'd be paying at LEAST 3 bucks for a drink. Turns out it was 4 :P But it was a fun night regardless. Somers turned 20 on Monday, and so we bought some Pralines and Cream ice cream from the Creamery to celebrate.We stuck it full of our candles that have been used for every birthday so far in our apartment. They're the traditional re-used, re-licked, burnt down to half their original size candles. :)

Rayne has come to visit several times now. She was here for Sarah's birthday, and she came two weeks before that, and the week before THAT. Hopefully she'll be able to come down again, because we all love having her here. She fits right in with my apartment. :)

This past weekend was a bit of fun and a bit of not-so-fun. On Friday we had a Bollywood night and Julie stayed with us because Alan went to Vegas for some Army training. We had Indian food and watched my all time favorite Bollywood romance, Veer-Zaara. Then we pulled three mattresses out into the living room and had a big sleepover.

Saturday I began to get a little sick, but it wasn't too bad, so I didn't mind that much. That night we had a Mexican fiesta in honor of Julie, because she's the one who loved them so much last year. Then James came over and we swapped a bunch of movies because he got an external hard drive. We all played Harry Potter Uno, which was a lot of fun. I've never played Uno before, and it took me a while to catch on (and even by the end, I still didn't understand some of their rules :P), but I managed to win three rounds, much to the surprise of everyone, including myself. :P

Sunday morning I woke up to find that I was way more sick than I thought I would be. I spent most of the day in bed and slept most of the time. That part wasn't so much fun, but I'm sure I needed the catch up on sleep. I've been so tired lately, so that definitely helped.

And now I'm getting better. I've just got a little sniffle and cough left, but other than that, I'm doing just great. I'm just doing my schoolwork, trying to finish up everything and study for the few tests I have. I'll be taking only my second test of the semester. And it's already the end. I pick my classes well. :P I've got another test next week, which will make my third, but after that, I only have finals for tests. And most of my finals aren't really tests either :P

Well, I should get in some last minute studying before I go take my landscape design test. It's pretty fun designing McKenzie's front and back yards, but I'm finding it difficult to stick within the budget. If I had an unlimited amount of money to be working with (hypothetically of course. We don't actually do anything to their yards, but we have to work within the budget we're given by the homeowner and follow what they've said they want), there is so much that I could do. I've kind of started to move a little outside the specific things that her mom told me she wanted, which my professor encouraged anyway, because a lot of times landowners give specifics on what they want but don't really list everything that will connect it all together. So now I've gotten all of the required parts planned in, and I'm starting to do a little extra for aesthetics, which is my favorite part. It'd be cool if I could actually make one of these designs and then see the product off of paper. But alas, that's really expensive. :P

I'll update again when I have more to say. That may end up being once I'm in Florida, at the rate I've been posting. :P Till next time!

No comments: