Thursday, April 16, 2009

Decisions!

Hello!

Well, I am officially DONE with classes!!! Woot! I've just got a weekend of finals left, and then I am done with my first year of college!

With the end comes a lot of decisions in terms of classes for next year, what I want to DO with my life, yada yada yada. And so I've made some big decisions. :)

Decision #1: I'm going to switch my major. Again. I realized that publishing editing just isn't something I'm passionate about anymore. Yeah, it sounded like a good idea to me at the time, but now that I'm here, it's not what I want to do. So I sat for, literally, HOURS on the computer, searching the other majors here. And I realized that BYU didn't have what I REALLY wanted, which is cosmetology. But I still want to go to BYU. So I was trying to figure out some sort of major I could take that would at least PUSH me in that general direction. Because my plan is to work at Disney World over the summers and hopefully get the cosmetology position there and work my way up, hopefully into the movie industry. And after many many hours of searching, I finally found the major I want. So. I am going to be a Theater Arts Education major. With this major, it gives me a background in not just makeup, but also costuming, directing, set construction, and a lot of other things that I think would really help me get into the business. I'm actually really excited about it. It's the only major where I actually think ALL of the classes will be fun, and its not like, a BOOKWORK major. It's mainly hands on. I even get to take a beginning stage combat class! :P With this major though, it's an education major, so it's not just theater in general, its how to TEACH theater, or certain aspects of it. Which... could really come in handy, I think. It makes it so that there's more options for me. So there's a few courses where I have to actually TEACH a class later on. But I think I'll really enjoy it.

Decision #2: I had to sign up for classes recently, and since I'm switching my major, I was kind of off track from my original plan. And if I had stuck with English anyways, it wouldn't have mattered, because the class I needed to take was full and at a time I couldn't take it anyways. :P So. Next semester, I'm taking two classes towards the Theater Arts Education major. Makeup 1 and Theater Production 1. Then I'm taking three GEs: Western Humanities 1, New Testament, and Principles of Biology. And then... there was NOTHING else I could take that would go towards anything useful. And so I did a lot of searching. And picked two fun classes so that I would be a full time student, and I'm planning on spending next semester working since my workload is bound to be light. So my two filler/fun classes are ice skating and bowling. :P Yeah. My schedule is PRETTY easy. Its only 12 credits for SEVEN classes. So I plan on just getting a job as well so that I can earn up some money while I've got an easy workload.

Decision #3: This was made a while ago, actually, but I don't think I ever talked about it. So classes are over, and I have to move out by next Saturday. But I'm planning on staying in Payson with McKenzie, and we're going to work for a few weeks, cleaning out Wymount (the married housing), and I'll earn some more money before I go home. And then on the 7th or 8th, we're going to drive down to St. George, where we'll meet up with Alan. And then on the 9th Alan is going to drive me down to Las Vegas, I'll get to see him one more time before he goes on his mission, and I'll fly home out of there. Then I'll be home that night, just in time for Mother's Day and James' homecoming talk in church the next day. :)

Well... I feel like I made more decisions, but I guess that was it. :P

So today Dustin and Dallen got their mission calls, and Dallen is going to Chile, and Dustin is going to Guatemala. So cool! So we went to Payson to watch them open their calls and just hung out there for a while.

Today was pretty laid back... Alan, Somers, and I went to an American Heritage review session at noon until one, and it started SNOWING again. Blech. I love the snow, but I don't want to wear my boots anymore. I got used to the sun. But it was just like a blizzard today, and everything is completely covered now. My poor shoes are STILL frozen from this morning. After the review session, we just came back to our apartment and took a nap on the kitchen floor in our lovely blanket tent. :) Actually, scratch that. I think I was the only one who fell asleep. Alan was on my computer, and Krista and Somers were both on the couch doing I don't know what, but then they left and Mal came in and laid on the couch and played with my hair. I think that's about when I fell asleep, while she was playing with my hair. We basically just lounged around, until Somers and Krista went to a music recital or something that Krista was accompanying on the piano, and Alan, Mal, and I went to the Creamery because I had ZERO food. I haven't been wanting to buy food because I need to clear everything out now, but I was down to the bare minimum and didn't have any food left. So I just bought a bunch of perishables. :)

And... then we lounged around again until we went to Payson. :) It was a nice, relaxing day. Tomorrow I have to buckle down and study though, because I want to take most of my finals on Friday, and I have two scheduled finals on Saturday. Saturday night after my last final (which goes till 8:45 pm. YUCK!) Alan and I are driving to Salt Lake to pick up Rayne from the airport. She may or may not stay the night at my apartment. She has yet to find out if the Hutchings will be back from Tahoe that night or not. :)

Well, I should probably go to sleep so that I can get some studying done tomorrow. I'll update later!

--Cate

No comments: