Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hello!
So this past weekend was a lot of fun. On Friday night, Alan, Somers, and I went to Salt Lake City and went to Studio 600, an 18+ club. It was a LOT of fun, and we had a great time dancing the night away. Don't worry though, Mom--it's an alcohol-free club. :)

On Saturday morning we were absolutely exhausted, but we had to get up early to go apartment hunting. We set off to look at Monticello, which didn't look too bad, but apparently all of the apartments are taken now by previous residents. We also went to look at Campus Plaza, which is my favorite so far, but all of the contracts had already been sold. So... that was a no go. So we had a little panic moment, because those were the only two places we'd looked at and we hadn't really considered that contracts had already gone on sale. So we started freaking, thinking we weren't going to have a place to live next year, but no worries--we did a LOT of research and found a bunch more places to check out. We went to look at a place called Belmont this past Wednesday, and it looks okay... I'm not LOVING it, but it does look pretty good, and at this point I really can't be picky. Besides--unless I want to pay like, 300 dollars or more a month, all of them are going to look semi-run down. Belmont got TWO refrigerators though, which is AWESOME... we have a really hard time with just one. :) Somers and I are going to check out some other places tomorrow to see if we like them better than Belmont.

And... then Saturday night Alan, Alan, Julie, and I went to a BYU Hockey game. Since we bought tickets to the game, we were allowed to skate for free an hour before the game. But, of course, I was dumb and forgot to bring SOCKS, so all I had were my flats socks, which are like... nylons, basically. It really didn't do much for ice skating. So now I have some lovely bruises on my ankles and a cut above my ankle where the ice skate dug into my skin. But it was still fun. Alan (Miller) body checked me into a wall to demonstrate how it was done in hockey... jerk... :P He also tried to teach me how to skate backwards... that failed miserably. :)

We lost the hockey game badly... I think it was like, 8 to 0. Not so great, but oh well. We had fun. :) Afterwards the four of us crammed into the backseat of Alan Rosenhan's car and watched Zoolander on Alan's brand new Aluminum Macbook. We WERE going to go to some hot springs, and bundle up for the 2.5 mile hike into them cause it was cold that night, but it was getting late and Julie didn't want to have to hike into the hot springs. So we settled on the movie instead.

And... this week has gone by really slowly. I got my Ecclesiastical Endorsement for next year this week, and... oh, I also got a reccomend for the Draper Temple Dedication.

And... tomorrow night, if Somers and I don't find someplace better, we're going to steal one of the Alans' cars and camp out in front of Belmont so that we can be the first ones to buy a contract because according to the manager there that's the best idea, since we're trying to get five people into ONE apartment. So. We're planning on having a little campout/party that night in front of Belmont :)

I have a bunch of pictures, but it's getting late, so I'll post them later.

--Cate

No comments: